Engineering Change Notification - NHD-3.12-25664UC : 08/01/2022
This notice is to inform you of a change to the following OLED products:
The PCB has been redesigned to feature several design improvements, including:
- A more robust power supply circuit to power the OLED glass.
- Multipurpose Pin 3 to enable external voltage input to power the boost converter.
- Multipurpose Pin 15 to enable external voltage input to power the OLED glass.
- Multipurpose Pin 18 to enable external voltage input to power the core logic circuit.
- Resistor jumpers to hardwire BS0 and BS1 bus interface selections signals.
- Resistor jumper to connect the mounting holes to ground.
- Resistor jumper to connect the bezel to ground.
The new PCB’s default configuration maintains the same electrical functionality as before.
Details on the configurable jumper options are provided in the updated product datasheets, which can be downloaded from the Newhaven Display website.
The part number for the finished product will remain the same.
The new version can be identified using the PCB revision control number on the right side of the board. See example below.
We understand that every customer’s application is unique, and therefore recommend you test and validate samples of the updated design.
Samples may be purchased by contacting us at email@example.com. When ordering samples, please specify that you would like to receive the new version.